Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10-2 Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Marabou Body: Chenille Hackle: Saddle hackleNote: Can be tied in almost any color including black, purple, red, pink, olive and green.
- Tie in marabou at bend of hook for tail and trim butts.
- Tie in purple chenille and strip one side off of 2 saddle hackles, and tie in by their tips.
- Wrap purple chenille forward to just before eye of hook, secure with thread, and trim.
- Wrap the 2 saddle hackles forward pulling fibers back after each wrap.
- Secure hackle fibers with thread, trim excess, whip finish, and head cement.