Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 12-8 Nymph Thread: 8/0 Black or tan Tail: Deer hair Body: Olive seal Shellback: Deer hairHackle: Brown saddle palmered
- Tie in deer hair tips as tail, tail should be short (about 1/4 or less of the body)
- Tie in more deer hair for shellback, with tips extending back over tail.
- Tie in 2 saddle hackles by their tips.
- Dub olive seal on to thread and wrap forward to just before the eye of the hook.
- Palmer saddle hackle over the seal fur and secure with thread.
- Pull deer hair over top of seal and hackle and tie in at eye of hook.
- Whip finish and head cement.
- Trim any hackle that is sticking up or to the sides.