Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14-10 Nymph Thread: 6/0 Black Body: Yellow or tan yarn Legs: Black superflossShellback: Pheasant tailWater Bubble: Thick silver wire
- Tie in a strand of superfloss out either side of the middle of the hook shank.
- Tie in pheasant tail with tips extending back.
- Dub yarn on to thread and wrap forward, around the legs and up to the eye of the hook.
- Tie in thick silver wire, and wrap back over the dubbing about 5 mm or 2 hook eyes. Wrap back and forth until all of the dubbing in this area is covered in silver wire. Tie off wire at eye of hook.
- Pull pheasant tail over body and secure with thread at eye of hook.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.