Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 16-8 Dry fly Thread: 6/0 Tan Tail: Deer hair Body: Deer hairWing: Deer body hair, tips from body
- Even the tips of a clump of deer hair with a hair stacker, and then tie in as tail.
- For body, Tie in another clump of deer hair, with tips facing back over the tail. The length should be equal to that of the hook shank and tail.
- Butt ends are laid along hook, and secured with a few wraps of thread to form a sheath body. Wrap forward securing the deer hair and tie it off at the head.
- Pull the deer hair forward (tight) and secure tightly with thread, allow tips to extend forward to form wing.
- Make a few wraps of thread between wing and eye to help wing stand up at 45% angle.
- Whip finish, and head cement.