Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 12-8 Mustad 9672 Thread: 8/0 Black Tail: Pheasant tail Body: Pheasant tail wrapped Rib: Medium copper wireWingcase: Pheasant tailThorax: Brown dubbingHackle: Brown saddle
- Tie in pheasant tail for tail. Tail should be long, at least 3/4 length of body.
- Tie in more pheasant for body, with tips extending back.
- Tie in copper wire.
- Wrap pheasant tail for body forward about 1/2 to 3/4 the way up the hook shank with a slight taper.
- Tie in pheasant tail for wingcase, with tips extending back over body.
- Tie in 2 brown saddle hackles by their tips.
- Dub brown dubbing on to thread and wrap forward to just before eye of hook.
- Palmer hackle over the dubbing and stroke the hackle fibers back as you wrap.
- Pull wingcase over body and hackle and secure with thread.
- Whip finish and head cement.