Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Stewies Crystal Chironomid
Hook: TMC 2487 size 14-10 Thread: 8/0 White Body: Superfloss, most popular colors include black, shades of olive, shades of brown, and maroon Rib: Silver wire on black and maroon, Gold wire on olive and brown bodies Thorax: Peacock herlGills: White Z-lonHead: #10 Crystal bead
- Slide the crystal bead on to the hook before placing in the fly vice. Then place the fly in the vice.
- Slide the bead to the eye of the hook, and make a thread base behind the bead, to secure it in place.
- Wrap the thread back and tie in superfloss and thin wire ribbing.
- Wrap thread forward followed by the superfloss and secure with thread about a beads length away from the bead.
- Wrap the ribbing forward, keeping segments as equal as possible. Secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in one strand of peacock herl and make 2 or 3 wraps, secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in white Z-lon with tips extending over top of glass bead about 1/8 of an inch, trim butts and whip finish.