Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Snow Cone Chironomid
Hook: TMC 2312 or TMC 200R Size 14-10 Thread: 8/0 Black Body: Black frostbite Rib: Fine silver wire Hackle: White plastic bead
- This is a very simple yet effective chironomid pupa pattern.
- Slide a white plastic bead on to the hook before placing in the vice
- Tie in frostbite and silver wire where the body of the fly should begin.
- Wrap frostbite forward, up to the white bead, then secure with thread, and trim.
- Wrap silver wire over body, try to keep segmentation between wraps even.
- Secure wire behind bead with thread, trim, whip finish, and head cement.