Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10 or 12 Nymph Thread: 8/0 Olive Tail: Olive marabou Tail Ribbing : 2lb Mono filament Body: Olive marabou wrapped Rib: Gold wire Wingcase: Olive pheasant tail. Thorax: Woolly bugger marabou wrapped Legs: Olive pheasant tail
- Tie in marabou at bend of hook for tail. Tail should be about 1 and a half time the length of the body.
- Tie 2lb test mono filament in knots around the marabou tail in 3 equal segments.
- Tie in gold wire for ribbing.
- Tie in marabou for body and wrap forward half way up hook shank.
- Tie in pheasant tail with tips extending back over body.
- Tie in woolly bugger marabou and wrap forward to just before eye of hook.
- Tie in several pheasant tail tips on either side of thorax for legs.
- Pull pheasant tail forward for wingase and secure with thread.
- Trim, Whip finish, and head cement knot, wingcase, and the 3 mono filament knots on the tail.