Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Seal Fur Damsel
Hook: 12-6 Nymph Thread: 8/0 Olive Tail: Speckled pheasant tail Body: Olive Seal fur Ribbing: Medium silver wire Wingcase: Speckled pheasant tail Legs: Speckled pheasant tail
- Tie in pheasant at bend of hook for tail.
- Tie in silver wire.
- Spin seal fur on to thread and wrap forward 3/5 up the hook shank.
- Wrap wire over seal fur 3 or 4 times and secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in pheasant tail with tips extending back over body.
- Dub more olive seal fur on to thread and wrap forward to just before eye.
- Tie in pheasant tail out bottom for legs.
- Pull pheasant tail over thorax to form wingcase. Secure with thread and trim.
- Whip finish and head cement.