Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10-6 Nymph Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Speckled Pheasant tail fibers Body: Orange Seal fur Shellback: Brown scud back Rib: Medium copper wire Wingcase: Speckled pheasant Hackle: Dark brown saddle
- Tie in a few speckled pheasant fibers at bend of hook for tail and trim butts.
- Tie in copper wire and scud back.
- Spin seal fur on to thread and wrap forward 3/4 the way up the hook shank.
- Pull scud back over seal body. Secure with thread and trim.
- Wrap copper wire 4-6 times around the body. Secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in speckled pheasant out over body for wingcase.
- Spin more seal on to thread and wrap forward to just before eye of hook. Make thorax slightly larger than body.
- Tie in 1 dark brown saddle hackle and make 4 or 5 wraps at eye of hook. Stroke saddle fibers back as you wrap. Secure and trim.
- Pull pheasant forward over thorax and hackle. Secure at eye of hook and trim.
- Whip finish and head cement.