Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: Size 14-6 3X Long Thread: 6/0 Red Tail: Olive Mallard flank Body: Medium flat silver tinsel Underwing: Olive Mallard flank Mid-wing: Pearl or Olive flashabou Overwing: Natural deer hair (sparse)Head: Spun deer hair
- Tie in mallard at bend of hook for tail.
- Tie in flat tinsel, and wrap forward, overlapping slightly on each wrap. Leaving room for deer hair head.
- Tie in mallard for wing, wing should reach past the body.
- Tie in several strands of flashabou for mid-wing.
- Spin deer hair for head. By placing a clump over the shank and making several tight wraps.
- Trim deer hair to desired shape, leaving a few strands extending back.