Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 6 – 2/0 Thread: 6/0 Fire Orange Tail: Fluorescent orange hackle fibers Body: Fluorescent orange chenille Hackle: Fluorescent orange hackle Wing: White calftail
- Tie in several fluorescent orange hackle fibers at bend of hook for tail.
- Next, tie in fluorescent orange chenille and wrap thread forward followed by chenille.
- Fold one fluorescent orange saddle hackle and tie in.
- Make 2 or 3 wraps stroking fibers back after each wrap. Secure with thread and trim.
- Even up the tips of a clump of white calftail, and tie in over top as wing. Wing should extend past body.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.