Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Pink Polar Shrimp
Hook: 6 – 2/0 Thread: 6/0 Fire Orange Tail: Pink saddle hackle fibers Body: Pink chenille Hackle: Pink saddle hackle Wing: White calftail
- Tie in several pink saddle hackle fibers at the bend of the hook for the tail.
- Tie in pink chenille and wrap forward to just before eye of hook.
- Tie in 1 pink saddle hackle by its tip, and make 3 or 4 wraps, secure with thread and trim. Stroke fibers back after each wrap.
- Tie in white calftail over top as wing. Wing should extend beyond the body.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.