Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 4 – 1/0 Thread: 6/0 Fire Orange Tail: Unravelled pearl mylar wrap from body Body: Pearl Mylar tubing Shoulder: Fluorescent pink chenille Underhackle: Pearl krystal flashHackle: Fluorescent pink marabou (sparse)
- Wrap thread to bend of hook.
- Slide a 1 inch piece of mylar tubing over eye, to about 1 cm past hook bend.
- Secure mylar tubing at bend of hook with thread, and allow tips to unravel to form tail.
- Whip finish and head cement.
- Tie in thread, this time at the eye of the hook.
- Secure other end of mylar tubing with thread and trim excess.
- Wrap thread back about 1/2 way down the hook shank. And tie in fluorescent pink chenille.
- Wrap chenille forward, leaving enough room to tie in wing.
- Tie in a small clump of pearl flashabou out the top, bottom, and both sides.
- Tie in pink marabou sparsely over the pearl flashabou. Marabou should extend to the end of the tail.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.