Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Larva Lace Marabou Damsel
Hook: 8 Nymph Thread: 8/0 Olive Tail: Light Green Marabou Body: Green Larva Lace Wingcase: Dyed light olive pheasant tailThorax: Woolly bugger marabou wrappedEyes: Black small plastic
- Secure plastic eyes on hook, just before the eye of the hook by making several figure eight’s with your tying thread.
- Wrap thread back to bend of hook and tie in marabou fibers for tail.
- Tie in larva lace for body, let but lay along the entire length of body, so that the beginning of body is not thicker than the rest.
- Wrap larva lace forward seven times to imitate the 7 distinct segments on a damsel fly.
- Tie in pheasant tail for wingcase, with tips extending back over body.
- Tie in Woolly bugger marabou and wrap forward to the plastic eyes.
- Pull pheasant tail forward over thorax and secure with thread.
- Whip finish and head cement.