Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Larva Lace Damsel
Hook: 8 Nymph Thread: 8/0 Olive Tail: 3 Goose biotsBody: Green larva laceWingcase: Light green pheasant tailThorax: Peacock herlLegs: Light green pheasant tail.
- Tie in 3 goose biots for tail. To represent the 3 distinct gills on a damsel fly nymph. 1 Goose biot to each side, and one out the middle.
- Tie in larva lace with but extending down the shank, so that you don’t have a thicker abdomen then thorax.
- Wrap larva lace forward 7 times.
- Tie in pheasant tail with tips extending over body.
- Tie in 2 strands of peacock herl and wrap forward to just before eye.
- Tie in pheasant tail tips or legs on both sides of the thorax.
- Pull pheasant tail forward over thorax and tie in with thread.
- Whip finish, and head cement.