Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 8 to 14 light wire Thread: 8/0 Tan Tail: Natural Deer hair or Moose maneBody: Red, Orange, or Green 4 strand floss Shellback: Same as tailWing: White calf tailHackle: Brown
- Tie in deer hair or moose main fibers for tail. Pull butts back over tail and secure back with thread.
- Tie in floss and wrap forward half way up the hook shank and secure with thread.
- Pull butts from tail forward over floss body and secure with thread and trim.
- Wrap thread forward to 3/4 the way up the hook shank and tie in calf tail split at 45 degree angles to each side for wings. Wrap thread around each clump of calf tail to form two posts.
- Wrap thread back to end of body and tie in 2 brown hackle fibers.
- Wrap hackle fibers forward around the wing and to the eye of the hook.
- Secure with thread, trim, whip finish, and head cement.