Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14-8 Nymph Thread: 8/0 Black Tail: Pheasant rump Body: Peacock herl Wingcase: Pheasant rump Thorax: Peacock herlLegs: Pheasant rump
- Tie in a few pheasant rump tips at bend of hook for tail.
- Tie in 2 strands of peacock herl and wrap forward 3/4 the way up the hook shank. Body should be tapered, towards eye of hook. Secure with thread and trim
- Tie in pheasant rump for wingcase, with tips extending back over body.
- Tie in another 2 or 3 strands of peacock herl and wrap forward to eye of hook, making the thorax thicker than the abdomen.
- Tie in a few more tips of pheasant rump with tips extending underneath as legs.
- Pull pheasant rump for wingcase forward over thorax and secure with thread.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.