Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: TMC 2312 Emerger Thread: 8/0 Black Butt: Red crystal flashBody: Black flashabouRib: Fine silver wireThorax: Peacock herlGills: Ostrich herl
- Tie in red crystal flash at bend of hook and make several wraps to form butt. Then secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in 3 or 4 strands of black flashabou and fine silver wire.
- Wrap black flashabou forward, secure with thread and trim, leaving enough room for thorax.
- Wrap silver wire forward, secure with thread, and trim.
- Tie in 1 or 2 strands of peacock herl and make 3 or 4 wraps then secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in one strand of peacock herl, then make 2 wraps, secure with thread and trim.
- Whip finish, and head cement.