Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14- 10 nymph Thread: 8/0 Black Tail: White Z-lonBody: Tan antron or rabbit dubbing Wingcase: Pheasant tailLegs: 1 olive brown biot out each sideHead: Peacock herl (Optional)
- Tie in a a clump of Z-lon at bend of hook and trim to about 1/3 length of the body.
- Tie in pheasant tail fibers with tips extending back over tail.
- Spin tan dubbing on to thread and wrap forward to just before eye of hook.
- Pull pheasant tail forward over tan dubbing and secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in a brown goose biot out each side for legs. Legs should extend approximately the length of the body.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.