Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10 or 8 nymph Thread: Brown or Black 6/0 Tail: Pheasant tail fibers (short)Body: 1st 1/3 peacock herl, 2nd 1/3 copper wire, 3rd 1/3 peacock herl Wing: White Calftail Hackle: Brown saddle
- Tie in several pheasant tail fibers at hook bend.
- Tie in 2 strands of good quality peacock herl and wrap 1/4 way up hook shank, and tie off.
- Tie in copper ribbing, and wrap forward another 1/4 way up hook shank. Make sure not to leave any gaps between wraps.
- Tie in 2 more strands of peacock herl and wrap forward another 1/4 way up hook shank and tie off.
- Tie in white calftail for wing, tips should extend back to end of tail.
- Tie in brown saddle hackle, and make 2 or 3 wraps, stroking biers back after each wrap.
- Tie off hackle, trim, whip finish, and head cement.