Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: Mustad 9671 size 16-6 Thread: 6/0 Brown Tail: Guinea hackle fibersRib: Fine gold wire Body: Pheasant tail fibers Thorax: Peacock herlGills: White ostrich herlWingcase: Mottled turkey wing quill
- Tie in guinea fibers short, as tail.
- Tie in a few strands of pheasant tail and fine gold wire.
- Wrap pheasant tail forward 3/4 of the way up the hook shank, secure with thread and trim.
- Wrap gold wire forward over pheasant tail and secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in turkey wing with tips extending back over body.
- Tie in 1 strand of peacock herl and make 2 or 3 wraps then secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in one strand of white ostrich herl, and make 2 wraps and secure with thread and trim.
- Pull turkey wing quill forward over peacock and ostrich herl, and secure with thread.