Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 12-8 Nymph Thread: 6/0 black thread Tail: Olive guinea fowl or mallard flank Body: Various shades of green seal fur Rib: Medium oval silver or gold tinsel Beard: Olive guinea fowl or mallard flank Head: Peacock herl
- Tie in tips of guinea for tail, and trim off the butt ends. Tail should be at least half the lank of shank.
- Tie in oval tinsel.
- Dub seal fur on to your thread and wrap the dubbing towards eye of hook, leaving enough room for the head of the fly.
- Wrap your oval ribbing over the seal fur and trim.
- Tie in another set of guinea fowl tips for the beard. Guinea tips should extend to the hook point.
- Last step is to tie in a strand of peacock herl, make 2 or 3 wraps, tie off, trim, and whip finish.