Roasted Salmon in a Flaxseed Crust
by Jose Morais
|4||4oz salmon filets|
|4 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp||tobasco sauce (optional)|
|2 Tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 ea||red pepper, green pepper, red onion|
|1/2 cup||white wine|
|4 Tbsp||tomato ketchup|
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl or zip lock bag.
2. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and thoroughly coat.
3. Store in the refrigerator for 30 min.
4. Heat the oven to 400°F.
5. Roughly chop (1-inch square) the peppers and red onion.
6. Slice the mushrooms and zucchini.
7. Thinly slice the garlic cloves.
8. Wash the cherry tomatoes and remove any stalks.
9. Heat up the oil in a large frying pan (cast iron if possible).
10. Add the peppers, onion and broccoli and fry for about 5 min.
11. Add the white wine and tomato ketchup and mix well.
12. Add the sliced mushrooms, zucchini and garlic and cook for about a minute.
13. Remove from the heat.
14. Add the cherry tomatoes.
15. Grind the flaxseeds in coffee grinder.
16. Remove the salmon from the marinade, lightly season with salt and pepper.
17. Thoroughly coat with the ground flaxseeds.
18. Place the vegetables in an ovenproof pan or dish.
19. Place the salmon on top of the vegetables.
20. Cook in the oven for 20 mins.
21. Serve the salmon on top of the vegetables.
Salmon and flaxseed are both excellent sources of Omega Fatty acids, which help to reduce the stickiness of the blood and there is evidence that they may reduce the risk of cancers especially breast, colon and prostate cancer.
The tomatoes and tomato ketchup are a rich source of Lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that has proven to lower the risk of certain diseases including cancer and heart disease.
The whole meal is a good source of Antioxidants, which may help to prevent cancer and heart disease.
Home | Contact Us | About STS | FAQ | Recipes | About Mission
Salmon | Steelhead | Sturgeon | Trout | Seasonal | Corporate | Fly Fishing | Fly Patterns
Rates | Links & Articles | Photos | Weekly Blog | Seasonal Report | Fishing Gear Reviews
If you encounter a problem or broken link, please contact the Webmaster.