Fly Fishing - Fly Patterns
TMC 300, Weighted
Tail: 2 Black Goose Biots
Body: Black dubbing
Rib: Black Swannundaze
Wingcase: Three separated sections of lacquered dark turkey tail, clipped to shape.
Thorax: Same as body
Head: Same as body
Antennae: Two black goose biots.
- Cross 2 black goose biots to form an X and tie in where the 2 biots meet.
- Wrap thread to eye of hook and tie in 2 more goose biots by the same method. Make sure that the line will still be able to pass through the eye of the hook.
- Wrap lead wire along shank from one end of the hook shank to the other, leaving small gaps between the eye and tail of the hook.
- Wrap thread back and forth over lead wire until it is no longer visible. Then wind thread back to tail.
- Tie in black swannundaze.
- Spin black dubbing on to thread and wrap forward to half way up hook shank. Body should have a distinct taper, getting larger towards the middle of the shank.
- Tie in a section of turkey quill, lacquer, and then trim to from a "V tip".
- Wrap dubbing over base of turkey and tie in another turkey quill as in step 7.
- Once again make 2 or 3 wraps of dubbing along base of turkey quill and tie in another turkey quill and trim.
- Spin more black dubbing on to thread and make several wraps to form a head.
- Whip finish and head cement.
If you encounter a problem or broken link, please contact the Webmaster.
© 1998 - 2018 This site built and maintained by WinningProductions.com