Fly Fishing - Fly Patterns
Thread: Tan 8/0
Tail: Hare's mask guard hairs, or brown hackle fibers
Rib: Fine oval gold tinsel
Body: Hare's mask dubbing, thorax thicker than abdomen.
Wingcase: Mottled turkey or Pheasant Tail
- Tie in 10 to 15 hare's mask fibers at the bend of hook for the tail and trim off excess butts.
- Next, tie in oval gold tinsel.
- Apply hare's mask dubbing on to thread, by spinning it between your forefinger and thumb.
- Wind the dubbed thread forward, just past the middle of the shank of the hook.
- Next, wrap the oval wire ribbing over the dubbed body.
- Tie in Turkey quill with tip facing the hook bend. Make sure to put the shiny side of the quill facing up.
- Dub hare's mask dubbing on to your thread (thicker than the abdomen) and wrap it on to hook. Leave a small space between dubbing and the eye of your hook, to tie in your wingcase.
- Pull Turkey quill forward, over the hare's mask dubbing and secure with thread.
- Trim turkey quill, and whip finish.
- Using a bodkin, pull out some of the dubbing, under the wingcase for legs.
If you encounter a problem or broken link, please contact the Webmaster.
© 1998 - 2018 This site built and maintained by WinningProductions.com